Thursday, December 6, 2007

Our fifth wedding anniversary!




Andy and I celebrated our fifth wedding anniversary on Thanksgiving. Because five year is a big milestone, we wanted to do something special this year. Andy surprised me with a beautiful anniversary band. He tricked me by bringing home a Target bag and by slipping it on my finger after I was asleep. It took me a little bit to realize it was there the next morning. What a babe! I got him the most thoughtful gift I could think of-a indoor basketball hoop called a "Shootcase". He said it was the best present, but that I just lost him a grade in each class because he really could shoot hoops all day long. Sometimes if he won't stop playing, Maddie will hide the balls from him. Anyways, my wonderful supportive parents were in town, so Andy and I took off! I did a lot of research and found a historic bed and breakfast not too far from here that seemed cute. Well, to make a long story short, we pulled up joking that the place looked haunted. But once we got inside we were convinced it was haunted and left ten minutes later. It was creepy! I won't say the name though because the old couple were very sweet and kind and gave us our money back. Lucky for us Maddie was having a "hard time" from her flu shot. We did find the Hampton here in Missoula to be very clean, new and not haunted at all. It was an experience that we will never forget! Anyways, I love my sweet husband very much and we are so grateful for all of our many many blessings! I guess it is this time of year, and maybe being away from home, but it is truly amazing how blessed we are. I hope everyone can feel loved this wonderful holiday season. Maybe now that I have let all my super cheesey thoughts out I can get some sleep! Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Alyse Burt said...

Haunted!! You are unbelievable!:) I can't believe I had to read about a haunted mansion and a new ring on your blog and we talk nearly everyday!! Happy Anniversary kiddos!

Kimberly said...

Happy Anniversary! Can't wait to play when you are here! I don't like haunted things either so we will stay far away from them!